Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Blossoms and boxes
Posted by Anna Macoboy
This beautiful almond tree in our street is in full bloom at the moment and I just had to take some photos in the half-light yesterday to show you how beautiful it is. Can you see the cute little moon as well?
It's been brought to my attention that the matchbox clues are pretty tough (sorry about that :)) so here is a little more on each of the matchboxes already out there:
* A local boy, I like to keep my belly nicely rounded with a spanakopita or two!
* I also enjoy a good coffee near the nest.
This guy was found at Subi Farmer's Market!
* Pretty in pink, you'll find me perched high behind a red door, enjoying a quiet afternoon drink.
* I, too, like to stay near the nest and enjoy the company of gentlemen.
* I like to fly west for my freshly-baked daily bread, which I enjoy with a good coffee on a corner in the sunshine.
* I enjoy spreading my wings on a Sunday morning.
* I love to hang out on a good shopping strip, but I'm a bit of a nerdy bird and love to buy books best of all!
* I also enjoy spreading my wings from mid-morning till late into the night.
It should be a cakewalk now :)
By the way, how do you like the new Mr Sparrow recommends page on the website? It's a list of some of my favourite places to eat, drink and shop in Perth, so if you're ever stuck for ideas, take a look! You may also notice that all the places listed on this page are also locations in the treasure hunt - aha!
More clues for new matchboxes in the treasure hunt on their way soon!