I have a few Christmas traditions that I undertake every year and they're one of the most enjoyable parts of Christmas for me. In fact, I think I enjoy the lead-up to Christmas much more than the day itself! James calls me "the spirit of Christmas" because I get so into it, insisting on playing carols, decorating the house and buying a real tree each year (that's happening this weekend...hopefully!). I just love the rituals associated with Christmas, and even though I seem to have less and less time each year to devote to these things, there are a few I still make sure I fit in!
- Buying a poinsettia, which is traditionally a Christmas plant (you can read why here)
- Making personalised Christmas crackers for my family, which I've been doing every year since I was twelve - I even send them to my sister and her husband in London!
- A day of Christmas shopping with my mum, usually involving plenty of breaks for coffee and lunch!
- Making mince pies and delivering them to family and friends
- Eating pfeffernüsse (or the closely related lebkuchen), delicious German gingerbread biscuits. Eko and I are going to try making our own this year - yum!
- Shopping for Christmas tea and advent calendars with Eko
Photos are from: www.art.com (poinsettia), me (crackers), www.skopjediem.com (shopping), me (mince pies), www.bowlofmush.blogspot.com (pfeffernusse), www.tasteofenglishtea.files.wordpress.com (tea).